Saturday, November 5, 2011

To illustrate or not?

Well my husband started illustrating for my manuscript "Duke's Forever Family" a story about a kitten who wakes up to find his whole family has disappeared while he slept. He sets out on an adventure to find them. During his adventure he finds friends and learns about how others experience loss and hurt.

Well now he kinda just wants to stop illustrating since its a chapter book. He wants to put the book out without any pictures because its 10 chapters long and the shortest chapter is about 5 pages. Its a beginner or entry-level chapter book so that kids who are starting to out grow picture books can step into my chapter stories.

Well he wanted to illustrate it and he had some pretty cute pictures but now he doesn't think we should. I kind of want them so that its an easier transition for kids. It's a toss up. I guess that we still have time to consider it. Being the story does take place during the winter, specifically around Christmas, I kinda want it to be taken care of ASAP so I can get the copyright already.

No comments:

Post a Comment