Friday, November 4, 2011

A gift from the hubbby.

This morning, Micke threw a large, brown package on my bed, waking me. I still felt tired so I looked at the box, looked at him, and then closed my eyes. I was going to try and drift off for more sleep until he told me "At least look at it."
I turned over, and sleepily attempted to open the box. I am pretty weak in the morning. Actually, I am pretty weak all day, but mostly in the morning. He snatched it from me, opened it at the tab where it was meant to be opened and revealed to me a new USB keyboard. A week ago, I was flat broke and my three year old had spent some time tearing several of my keys loose from my laptop keyboard.
I had a G missing and I placed the tilde where the W goes. I had an ALT key where my /and ? mark is supposed to go. My B was still there but it was barely functioning. My FN key is gone and my right shift, the most important one, was torn loose.
Pretty much my laptop's keyboard is ghetto rigged. You might wonder, or you may not even care, why I had to replace some keys with others. The simple answer is that my son tossed the keys all over our bedroom and I am sure that somewhere in my bedroom is a black hole where things go. I can't seem to find the keys for my keyboard, my cat's old collar, and several other missing items.
This keyboard is sweet. Now I can write my memoir or I won't. There's not much to tell, and frankly, I'm boring.

3 comments:

  1. It's not impossible to replace the keyboard on a laptop. Do a search on Internet for your computer model and 'keyboard'. I replaced the keyboard on my Dell 1720 laptop after my cat managed to hook a claw under the 'M' key and rip it off.

    If you find a keyboard, before you buy it, look for a maintenance or service manual for your laptop on Internet. it will give you an idea of what's involved in replacing a keyboard.

    On my Dell it proved quite a simple job. The keyboard was sold on Amazon and didn't cost much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...as to the missing items - you've probably got 'borrowers'. We have them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL well thanks for the hint. For now my usb keyboard will do. I'll look into it though. I do love this one he bought.

    ReplyDelete