Wednesday, October 26, 2011

National Novel Writing Month

National Novel Writing Month starts on November 1 and ends on the 30th. The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel by the end of November. You don't even have to be any good. You just have to write and some who do participate actually are good.

Micke challenged me and said he thought I could do it. My only problem is I don't feel that I have the time or energy to try and complete an imperfect 50,000 word manuscript by the end of November. I have a 40 hour a week job and kids. I like to write, hence the blog, I just don't see myself being a fast paced, edge of my seat, writer. Currently, I have nobody to answer to, no publisher with a deadline or no agent. So, writing a certain amount by a certain date, hasn't occurred to me.

I do have to say for myself that I did complete an imperfect manuscript of about 18 thousand words in under 4 days. However, that was not my goal, it just happened. Micke challenged me, though. I may give it a try. If I do, that will give me something to blog about.

Anyway you can find out more about NaNoWriMo by clicking the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment