Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Something About Me

I am 24 years old the day of this post. I want to write for a number of reasons. Let me tell you a story first:

I completely learned the alphabet at the age 4. Not long after that I was picking up books and reading them until I fell asleep. I loved books. Right out of the first grade I began to entertain my younger brothers with my stories. I told them horror stories and tales of my imaginary cat detective, Duke. His best friend was a small mouse, and he solved mysteries for humans.

With each passing year I thought of new things to write about. Sometimes my journaling and writing would get me into unnecessary trouble. My teachers would praise my creative thinking, but would complain that I needed to spend more time on homework and less time writing stories.

I would write my stories until my hands cramped and were blotted with ink. When I didn't have an ink-pen handy I grabbed up any pencil or writing material available to me. I remember days when I'd be writing away in my room while my brothers were out and about playing. Then when my mother would call us to dinner I'd ignore her at first.
She'd call again, "Rhea come to dinner."
I'd shout "But I need to just finish this page first!"

I'd write so frequently and beg my busy parents to read my journals and my stories. I'd present my stories to anyone who willing to sit down and read the chicken scratch I called writing. After I turned 16 I realized the world had a lot to offer online. I was impressed with a couple of blogging sites, one I specifically recall using before Blogger was Livejournal. There were other blogs before Livejournal but I don't actually remember their URLS. With the advent of online blogging (which I was a latecomer on) I was able to write without worrying about chicken scratch and a's being confused for o's or sometimes...g's.

Now I am learning the exciting realm of really writing. I am active at a couple of writer's forums and I read other writer's blogs. So I already have a starting point.

Soon I'll go ahead and set up my Facebook page. For now, its just my blog and me.

The reasons I want to write are varied and through my writing in this blog I hope that my reasons will be revealed in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment