Thursday, October 27, 2011

Scared Myself

So I am working on another manuscript. Its a thriller story about middle school girls at a slumber party. It sounds cliche just by that description but its not just a bunch of young girls being scared to death by killer ghosts.
I think there's more to it than that. In fact, this story won't have much at all to do with ghosts.

I'd like to give a good description but I want to finish the story before I go into it too much.

My point for writing this post was that I scared myself while writing the story. What kind of ninny baby writer am I? Then I had to think about it. If I can scare myself I can scare kids for sure. That's the point of writing horror stories; scaring people, even if I am one of those people.

I wonder if Stephen King ever scared himself. Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment